Cams

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cams
From: Jim & Marilynne Mellander <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 17:13:37 -0700
Hi everyone:

My '79 B is undergoing an engine rebuild.  The cam is worn & pitted, so I'm
replacing it.  The question is: with what?

VB advertises 3 different stock cams, depending on the model year of the B,
also I've seen advertisements for various performance cams...

So what I need to know is:

1. What cams are street-legal in CA?
2. (Hypothetical question): If a non-street legal cam was put in, would it
still pass the smog inspection?
3. What are the differences between the various stock cams, & what is best
for my B?

I'm sure some of the MG Gods (& Goddess) have the answers....

Thanks in advance...

Jim Mellander