Re: Stebro Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stebro Exhaust
From: jcatford@rsvs.ulaval.ca (Jean-Guy Catford)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 09:07:23 -0400
>I noticed in a recent posting that a Stebro exhaust was mentioned.  I had a
>Stebro exhaust on my 73 BGT when I purchased it.  Are Stebro exhaust still
>available?
>This was a great sounding exhaust and had the decal for Stebro on the rear
>window (some sort of Spider).      Newell Burke, Worcester, Mass.

No they are not available anymore, if you look at the price list of TRF
they do not appear . They were made at l'Orignal, Ont. Canada. And it is
true they were great. I have tried Monza Pacesetter and they did not last
and does not give a nice sound. A good system is ANSA, but I would
definetely have a preference for Stebro. I also bought an ANSA headers  as
a replacement for my MGB-GT manifold and notice an improvement. Luckily,
five years ago I bought the last s.steel Stebro in Québec city  for my TR6
and will intall it in a week or so.  J.G.Catford, Québec, Canada