Dynamo Problems :(

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dynamo Problems :(
From: James Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 20:54:51 GMT
Help;
      My lbc's dynamo (64"B"-negative earth) doesn't charge thru the cars
system. If you test the dynamo as the book says, you get the correct
voltage. If you hook the feild up to a postive terminal, the dynamo charges
like mad (which I believe is good). My little red light shines very
nicley,and when you accelerate the freshly rebuilt engine, it just dulls
slightly,(New brushes inthe dynamo during rebuild and polorised)  but
doesn't go out. What am I to do about this. My LUCAS regulator is two months
old, was working fine when I pulled the engine three weeks ago. I opened up
the regulator, just to check for signs of smoke, none there, Like New.
      Any ideas, hate to let this keep me from indy, how about a solar
charger, ah,probally rain the whole way to indy.

Help
Jim Brucato
1964 "B" going to INDY ??????