Re: Lights out!!

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Lights out!!
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 18 JUN 96 09:03
>These cars turn many heads of all ages at the stop lights. They are
 anachronisms which are quaint and endearing. They cause total strangers to
 roll down the window and strike up a conversation. Pull up to that light in
 your 300 ZX or your 3000 GT, etc. and some of those same people would rather
<flip you off. The idiosyncrasies are assets not liabilities.

 Hee, hee. I got my jollies yesterday.  I drove Milou, and at a stop light
a brand-new BMW pulls up next to me.  The ten-year old boy in the passenger
seat leans over his dad and yells out 'Cool wheels!'  So I smile at him,
and grin to myself, thinking 'Dad must be rankled at his kid admiring some
old car instead of his BMW.'  Then 'Dad' leans out and asks 'Is it a '57?'
'Does it have the dual carbs?'  I was impressed.  It's not easy to get the
year right on the first try...  I'm afraid I spun the wheels a bit...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*