Re: Cars in Movies

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cars in Movies
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:06:08 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone know or remember this movie?

        Remember it? Hell, I've got the video! Did you know tha Johm
        Fitch was the tech expert for the film and actually did some of
        the driving? There is actual footage from races of the period
        including some excellent shots from the old Nurburgring and some
        from the Mille Miglia. there are some very interesting shots of
        thinly disguised early Ferrais and other racers. Lee J Cobb plays
        a thinly disguised Enzo Ferrari. A Great film? Certainly not. The
        plot's abit predictable the acting is a tad overdone at times (it's
        typical for the hollywood view of the "glamorous world of auto
        racing" in the early to mid 50s)... Eminently watchable tho...

  Seems like I remember SCCA races at
> Cumberland in the distant past??  So it seems this ad was from a race
> program....

        What about the road races and hillclimbs in Reading PA? I use to
        love to go to the ANG base there and watch the sporty cars run.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois