Re: Tech Tips - Midget license plate lamp

To: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Subject: Re: Tech Tips - Midget license plate lamp
From: johnl@tpower.com (John Leier)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 18:12:09 GMT
Tom,

I had been wondering the same thing about my 74 Midget.  I had always thought
that it should have the license plate lights mounted behind the inside edge of
the half-bumpers like on the 69, 70, and 71's that I had, but it has the same
setup as yours -- mounted on a license plate bracket like what I would have
expected for 75 and newer.

I know suspect that there was a changeover somewhere during the 74 year and
they switched from the pre-74 style to the 75+ style.  Just out of curiousity,
it would be interesting to compare your VIN & build date with mine.  (I'll
have to check when I get home).

- John