Re: Tech tips file available

To: Jeff Fayne <fayne@mcs.com>
Subject: Re: Tech tips file available
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 20:33:55 -0700
>Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>>
>> John Twist tried to mail a large file to the whole list, which is not
>> a considerate thing to do.
>
>No offense to anyone, but I'd rather read what John has to say
>rather than the equivalent bandwidth that's been wasted with the ongoing
>attorney thread.
>
>                               Just my $.02

I couldn't agree more.  While broadcasting drivel and magazine adds across
the net is inconsiderate and at the very least annoying, Mr. Twist's
accurate and succinct descriptions of solutions to problems that plague us
all at one time or another are much appreciated, by me anyway.  We are all
here for a common purpose.  Mr Twist's postings are not only germain, but
well thought out and presented.

If the rest of the list disagrees, so be it.  I for one welcome Mr.Twist's
posts, 10K or 20, and would welcome them as private E-mail if that was the
only way I could get them.

rant mode OFF....

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT