MGA Hood Horse Hair (?!?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Hood Horse Hair (?!?)
From: donmathis@lucent.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 15:21:28 -0400
I have been told that, originally, MGAs had a pad of horse hair/felt glued
to the wood board in the very end of the hood.  When you closed the hood
this pad laid across the radiator and prevented the air from going above the
radiator and forced it to go through the radiator thus increasing the
cooling.  Moss people knew about the pad but don't carry it.  Anyone still
have this pad?  Could you give me a rough idea of the thickness and
dimensions.  If you have fabricated this pad, what material did you use and
where did you obtain it?  Thanks -

p.s.  We're changing from AT&T to Lucent and I've been off the net for a
while due to e-mail address changes.

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
donmathis@lucent.com