Dry Rockers! Part II

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dry Rockers! Part II
From: Dave Gropper <e89412@rl.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:03:33 -0700
(Hi Barney,)

Still depressed....( Dry Rockerss. Remember???)
Rocker Cover off.... Very little oil to shaft...... Hmmmmmmm!
Pull Rocker assembly. Wow, correct pedestal... crank
engine... very little oil to top of head...... Hmmmmm!
Pull Head... some blood, some skin, some NASTY words,
head oil passage clear... crank engine..

Chorus: "very little oil", just a little spurt just as the
pressure relief valve opens, and then...NOTHING...... Hmmmmmmm!

Meantime, back at the ranch, help buddy set ignition and
SU's on Spridget, talking (me) "gonna hire me an air
compressor this weekend, gonna reverse blow me that thar oil
passage". Reply (him) " You helped me, I help you, my
neighbor owes me a favor, you'll have a compressor tomorrow
night!! 200 PSI"

Flashforward: I'll update you AFTER I've blown (excuse the
pun!) the engine,

Flashback: Why only ONE pulse of oil ?????

BTW, John Twist, thanks ever-so for all the good info. I'm
building a folder for the trunk with your tech-tips. Also,
was 'your' University Motors just off the North Circular????

Have a good weekend, I'll be seeing some of you guys in
Richland... ( I hope )

Dave Gropper, (They don't make firecrackers small enough to fit down
                oil passageways, do they???)