back from Mid-Ohio

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: back from Mid-Ohio
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 07:51:32 -0400
Fellow fiends:

Well, several cigars later, I'm back home from Mid-Ohio and the June Vintage
races.  I wanted to report on the presence of MG cars in the races.  This
will be a (mercifully) short report as there were, with the exception of a
gaggle of spridgets, only a few, by my reconing.  First off: a black MGC
roadster and a brg pull handle (yes!) roadster.  I spoke with the owner of
the pull handle car for only a few minutes; it's vin is "around 12,000" and
is a rhd/ww car.  This is, for the most part, "gentleman" racing, so
frankly, I never saw either car really scrapping it out with some other
iron.  There were also two MGAs; an off yellow coupe, and a dark blue and
pink (yes) MkII roadster (that only ran in exhibition).  The coupe actually
did some racing, if you know what I mean.  I was a bit surprised not to see
any T-cars competing.

God, I love these cars.

Cheers,
WZ