Re: MGA fender blunder with more ????

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA fender blunder with more ????
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 08:26:52 -0400 (EDT)
In message <960623133404_420004262@emout19.mail.aol.com>  writes:
>    Hi,
>      One more question. I just was at Home Depot  and looked at cheap ($289)
> Lincoln, 110 amp. MIG welders. Are they any good??
>                                                                           Jim
> Black

I just (1 week ago) purchased one of those.  It seems rather nice.  I have never
welded before, but I read the manual, watched the video, set it up for MIG
welding with argon and went to it.  I haven't tried it on my car yet, but I was
able to run reasonable beads on thin sheet metal without burning through or
warping it on the first day of practice.  I did buy a proper hood instead of the
hand - held version in the kit.
    I find it rather depressing to ask advice about tools etc.  If I followed
all the advice I have gotten it would have been cheaper to go out and by an
assortement of fully restored MGs.
   Ask me again in a month how good it is.

Tom Wannenburg
74 Midget