Crankcase vent hose

To: "_MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankcase vent hose
From: "SLUPECKI A." <ajslupecki@mke9.ra.rockwell.com>
Date: 24 Jun 1996 09:02:48 U
We finally had a nice weekend, so I took the 78 B out for a spin this weekend
(cracked exhaust manifold and all).  After driving a couple miles, some smoke
started coming from under the hood.   The crankcase breather hose which comes
from the front of the engine to the z-s carb (pollution control I guess) had
come loose.  There was oil dripping from it onto the manifold!   I could connect
it back to the carb, but I don't want oil going there either!  What is the
problem?  How do I fix it?  I couldn't find much in my trusty Haynes manual...

Advise from this list has been very valuable as I learn to repair my first MG.
Thanks to everyone in advance (again).

Andy
78 B