70 MGB rear spring replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 70 MGB rear spring replacement
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@mcs.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 07:47:31 -0500
Greetings,

After lurking on the list for the last 6 months or so, I am the proud
owner of a '70 MGB, my first. In what I know will be the first of many
questions, I am turning to the list for advice.

The first order of business is to replace the left rear leaf spring
(broken main leaf :(  ). My questions are:

- If I'm doing one side should I do both?

- Should I purchase the standard 6-leaf spring or is there a
handling/ride advantage with the later 7-leaf? Will the 7-leaf cause a
ride height change?

- Is there an alternative to the standard MOSS/Vicky Brit leafs? Some
lowered 'competition' leafs? I'm not planning on any autocrossing, but
as long as I'm going thru the effort, some handling increase is always
welcome.

I've enjoyed and am impressed by the technical knowledge I've found
here, so any advice is welcome.

                                - Jeff

70 MGB   (yea  :)  )
--