Re: Midget Rear Brake Cylinder Installation

To: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Rear Brake Cylinder Installation
From: Matthew Jones <matt@matanza.cc.kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:30:01 +0000 (GMT)
I too spent hours and a few circlips trying to get them on.  There is a circlip
tool designed especially for the job, it screws into the brake pipe union and
careful tightening with the circlip inserted into the tool will eventually give
a stidfying snap and seat the clip.  However, the clip that come with the
cylinders now adays tends to be of pretty poor quality and I would suggest
perhaps finding a c-clip or circlip that will last.  Also, if you use the
c-clip rather than the circlip make sure you retain the old washer to make it a
tight fit.  And mind your head on the wheel arch!

Matt

Message from:  Matthew Jones
Senior Computing Technician
King's College London