Re: Victoria British Interior Kit

To: "Byers, Steve" <Byers@engr2.nadepcp.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Victoria British Interior Kit
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Byers, Steve wrote:

> Hello, MGLand!
>
> I was wondering if anyone else out there had experienced this problem:  I
> bought a special interior kit for my '73 Midget from Victoria British some
> time ago.  Just yesterday, I finally got to the point where I'm ready to
> install it.  The left inboard kick panel will not fit against its mounting
> surface unless it is turned around with the padded vinyl side inward and the
> back of the panel outward.  It appears that the vinyl was installed on the
> wrong side of the panel.  I have two of these panels with the same problem
> (why I have two is a longer story).

hen you say you have two panels with  the same problem, do you mean you
have a left panel that fits only with the vinyl turned in and a right
panel that fits only with the vinyl turned in, or do you mean you have two
left panels that fit only with the vinyl turned in?

In the first case, I suggest putting the left panel on the right, and the
right panel on the left.  Although it is wrong, the left panel should fit
on the right with the vinyl out, and the right panel should fit on the
left with the vinyl turned out.

If you have two backward left panels, then put one on the right, and send
the other back and ask for a backward right panel, which you can then use
on the left.

Sometimes, I know, we get too close to a problem to see the simple solutions.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910