Re: re: Gettin' into it this weekend...

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: re: Gettin' into it this weekend...
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 01 JUL 96 16:09
>You have all officially confirmed my suspicions, and I have removed both the
 brake master cylander and clutch master cylander and am in the process of
 rebuilding them.  (I figured since the clutch was erratic, I'd rebuild it,
 too, since I had it out.)  As far as the fuel pump goes, I'll check and
 clean all the leads, and see what happens...while toting around a ball-peen
<hammer!

 ...well then Jason, you are about to discover one of the other foibles,
eccentricities, endearments, oddities, annoyances, etc. of an MG:
The clutch hydraulics are a B%^&*%&^$ to bleed!  Even bleeding brakes are
bit of a pain unless you buy (or build) an Eeezibleed.  This little wonder
holds a quart of brake fluid, and pressurizes it into your hydraulic system,
so that all you do is crawl under, put a hose on and open the nipple,
then shut it off when all the air is out.
  Getting that last bit of air out of the clutch slave is difficult unless
you play this game:  do not bolt the cylinder to the bell housing.  Wire the
plunger rod to the cylinder so that it doesn't pop out.  Hold the cylinder
so that the bleed screw is at the highest point.  Bleed as usual.  Now you
can bolt the cylinder to the bell housing, and you should be in business.
  With the Eezibleed, it's so easy to flush the system that you can do it
alone every year or so to clear out any dirty or moist fluid, prolonging
the life of the hydraulics.  Have fun.  SAFETY FAST!
*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*