Midget Wheel Cylinder Brake Clips

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Wheel Cylinder Brake Clips
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 23:22:10 -0300
Dave and Others Interested,

        Thanks for the suggestion on using external circlips and I will
likely have to go this route for the last cylinder as I am now one clip
short as only one is supplied with each new cylinder.

        I did learn that the proper way to install these particular "C"
clips is NOT to try to apply it on directly with both tabs in the groove but
to place the tab on one side into the groove and use a small screwdriver to
pry the remaining tabs into place. This method was successfully demonstrated
to me. Live and learn!

Regards,
Bob

>Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:15:40 -0400
>From: TheSkinny@aol.com
>Subject: Midget Wheel Cylinder Brake Clips
>
>Bob:  I have attempted this task many times and have always had the same
>result as you, even after watching a friend put one  on for me.  I came up
>with a very simple solution.  Go to your local hardware store and by two "C"
>clips, the ones with the little holes ( I don't know the exact name, so maybe
>I'm not helping here) Borrow or buy a pair of the special plyers with the
>interchangeable tips that streach the C clip.  You will also need a spacing
>washer to put between the wheel cylinder and the backing plate because the C
>clip with the holes in them are thinner than the ones supplyed.  It takes
>about 15 seconds to do it this way, and the wheel cylinders move about far
>less.
>
>(o)(o)  The clips look like this.
>/     \
>\___/
>
>Hope this helps.
>Dave Riker
>Chico CA.
Robert A. C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Sunbeam Man! 1953 Alpine & 1954 90 MK IIA Drophead Coupe
See Sunbeams @ BATANS: http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html