Re: Brake fluid

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 08:22:42 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> Another interesting experiment is to leave a rubber seal in a container of
> ATF.  It'll swell a variable amount depending on how long you leave it in.
> Just leave the seal in ATF long enough to swell and then re-install it
> and it will hold for a while.  This falls in the same category as the
> pantyhose trick and the pork rind trick.

The, um, PORK RIND trick?  I need to know more about this.  Is there a
good reason I should carry a bag 'o' crispy cholesterol in my trunk?

> Why do people tell me this stuff?

Perhaps they figure it is a High Priestess' job to know these things, for
possible future use.

Cheers!

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@staff.uiuc.edu
[Note new address]

CCSO probably thinks I'm working right now.  What do you suppose they think
I'm saying?