(Fwd) Re: 3rd wives club

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: (Fwd) Re: 3rd wives club
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 03 Jul 96 10:51:47 PDT
Forwarded message:
From:     Self <HRIS1/E24139>
To:       RHR211@aol.com
Subject:  Re: 3rd wives club
Date:     Wed, 3 Jul 1996 08:09:31

I think I've solved the problem of rampant divorce in this country,
at least for those of us who own MGs.  When I was in college and in
the midst of finding a life partner (ie., in prowl mode) I drove a
1965 MG 1100 (for those of you too young, this was a little sedan
with front wheel drive).  For about a year, I drove this car with the
dashboard removed (I was making a new one to fit more gauges).
Anyway, the switches and minor controls hung out of the dash
surround, and would short out and spark when I would take corners
quickly.

I used this as a mechanism for weeding out unworthy girlfriends.  I
would take them out on dates in this car, and if they agreed to ride
in the car a second time, I knew there was hope.

My current (and only) wife never got to ride in this car, but she did
undergo a wild ride in a Hillman Husky with no brakes and bald tires.
We honeymooned in a 1967 MGB-GT, that was 10 years ago and she still
puts up with my LBCs.

I figure, if a spouse can put up with your LBCs, they can put up with
you.

Paul (don't worry dear, it will get us there) Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162
GenCorp Aerojet