Re: Tight Fitting Tonneaus

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tight Fitting Tonneaus
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 05:51:42 +0600
Christopher M. Delling wrote:
>My car is a
>77, with headrests.  Seems that no matter what angle I set the seat back
>to, I am either stressing the seams of the zipper behind the seat to the
>max, or I can't get the cover to reach the lift-a-dot and snaps at the
>windscreen.

Pretty much the way they were designed.  If it wasn't so taut, rain would
tend to puddle on the tonneau even more than it already does.  My zippers
are shredded.

Solution:  get into the habit of pulling the headrests from their sockets
and setting them on the floors before putting the tonneau on.  Saves mucho
wear, and you never have to struggle to get the seat back where it was
before.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  |  IRC nick:  Eppy