Spray guns

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spray guns
From: erasjfr@lmera.ericsson.se (Steve Foster ZD/KC)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 96 13:20:33 +0200
I recently sprayed an MGA boot lid.
Need etch primer so as to get a good bond. on the alumininium
A proffesional paint shop advised methat painting isocyanate in
small doses with a good spray filter mask would be no problem.
On such a small area as a boot lid I wore the mask... a few deep breaths
sprayed the lid
and breathed as little as possible before leaving the garage. I Returned after
15
mins gave it the next coat with the same procedure.
The Pro said for such a small area he wouldn't have even bothered with the mask!

After that I went over to good old cellulose, like the rest of the car.
I must say I was impressed at the drying time and coverage of the two pack etch.
Is it as good for top coats?
With a good gun like Jim recommends and a good spray mask the risks probably
aren't so
great... Any pathologists out there with other experiences.

Spraying is fun! I wonder what an air supply mask costs? How can I sneak that
one in
the garage and still keep my marrige on the level

/Steve, Sweden.