Midget 1500 dead this morning.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget 1500 dead this morning.
From: Matthew Jones <matt@matanza.cc.kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 10:00:33 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

Just a quick probe to see if anyone could supply a "typical" problem that
would explain why my wife's 1979 1500 Midget wouldn't start this
morning.  The battery seemed ok when I tested it but there seemed to be
no current whatsoever getting to the system.  No ignition lights or
headlights or anyhting and not even a click of the starter solenoid when
the ignition key was turned.  I check the fuses and they're all OK.

It was very wet here on Friday.  Is there a circuit that is susceptable
to wet weather?  However, it has been stored all weekend with the bonnet
under shelter and it didn't rain that much any way.

So:
        No lights on the dash
        No sign of the starter or starter solenoid
        No blown fuses (unless you know of any others excpet in the fuse box)

I suppose the battery could be shorted or something but the ran like a
dream on Friday and just wouldn't even breathe this morning.

Any help much apprecaited before I set about finding the problem tonight
after work.

Thanks
Matt

Message from:  Matthew Jones