TD side curtin and top identification help.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD side curtin and top identification help.
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 10:17:42 -0500
I am restoring this TD(#6474) and am working on the Side Curtins(s/c). The
top is a three bow?(looks just like the picture on page 66 of Moss catalog).
I ordered the three bow top, installed it on my 3-bow frame and it
fits(looks good too). I ordered and received the three bow S/C from Moss and
they don't fit my S/C frames. The front S/C look like they fit but the rears
are way off. I measured my old rear s/c and they are about 19" long at the
longest point. The ones I got from Moss are 22".  Moss says that this is
correct--that the three bow rear s/c should be 22" and the two bow is about
19".  I see one of two possibilities 1) Moss is confused 2) I received a set
of 2-bow S/C frames with my car instead of the three bow set.
The help I need---please measure the front and rear s/c of both a 2 & 3 bow
TD.  Maybe this will tell me what I have and therefore what I need to do. If
it turns out that I have the wrong set of S/C's, would anyone want to swap
their 3-bow version for my 2-bow version?
Bob Dallas
Houston, Texas
'69 MGB-GT  '51 MG-TD