re:Pre-Smog Cars in CA, Pre-Seatbelt Cars in IN

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Pre-Smog Cars in CA, Pre-Seatbelt Cars in IN
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 14:40:30 PT
>How are old cars, like the T series, inspected in California. Just
>curious.

Past a certain date there is no inspection.  Not sure what is required when
bringing an older car into the state currently.  I brought a 1948 Willys
Jeep into Calif a few years ago and it was just a simple title transfer, no
inspection required.  For equipment, minimum required is what came from the
factory.

>(If you're tired of smog inspections,move to Indiana.
> We have no inspections.)

Not yet at least.