Brakes failed

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes failed
From: "Ken.Strauss" <Ken.Strauss@pscmail.ps.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 7:40:00 -0500
     Boy oh boy, is it fun to have your brakes fail ;-)

     Fortunatly I was able to "brake" with the transmission all the way
     home.

     Anyway the symptoms don't match any of the "symptoms" in the Haynes
     manual so I thought I'd ask for some advice.  Brake pedal travels all
     the way to the floor to provide VERY weak braking.  Fluid level was
     very low in the resivoir.  Attempted to bleed the system with hand
     pump/vac but was unable to get any fluid from ANY of the bleeder
     screws.  Appears to have been right rear connector or cylinder which
     caused the (slow) leakage.

     Master cylinder bad?  Servo ?

     ken strauss
     ken.strauss@pscmail.ps.net