Re: Newbie Questions

To: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Douglas Gaither wrote:

> I am a newcomer to your ranks having just purchased my first MG.  It is a
> 1966 'B' that desperately needs an engine rebuild amongst other

> 4) I want a book as well.  I was considering 'Guide to Purchase & DIY
> Restoration' by Lindsay Porter.  I would appreciate comments or other
> suggestions.

This is a useful book, but the 2nd edition devotes a lot of space to the
building up of a car from a Heritage replacement body shell.  The 1st
edition has more about restoration of an original body.  I found a 1st
edition still in stock at Eric Waiter Associates (EWA) in NJ.

> 5) lastly, I am considering the 'Spin-on' oil filter adapter as it seems
> much easier and cleaner (less messy) than the original oil filter setup.
> Is this a good idea?

It is easier and cleaner, that is for damn sure.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910