Needed: Tach and bumper for 77 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Needed: Tach and bumper for 77 MGB
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 21:16:23 -0700
Fellow Friends,

I am nearing the end of a long and frustrating journey. After 6 years,
thousands of dollars, and hundreds of hours (including dozens of poor
decisions and mistakes) I'm almost finished with the restoration of a
1977 MGB. I just need 2 parts - a front bumper cover (mine is badly
cracked in many places) and a tachometer/rev counter. The garage I took
the car to says that whatever has caused mine to fail is not
repairable. He is a very reputable mechanic and handles only specialty
foreign marques so I trust him. (Even all the mechanics drive MGs.) So
I am looking to the group for these last pieces of the puzzle. Please,
if anyone has a tach for 77 or 78 MGB and is willing to sell, I'm very
interested in buying. Ditto for the bumper.

I also found out what was wrong with the Weber, but more on that later.

Dave Hay

P.S. - Will be attending the Vintage Grand Prix of Pittsburgh on July
20 and 21. Anyone else going?