Re: Going Price Of a 80 B ???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going Price Of a 80 B ???
From: taylorts@syr.lmco.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 09:06:42 EDT

>       Looking for a rough estimate of the going price of a 1980 MGB I've
> run accross. It has 80,000 miles on it and has been sleeping for about 4
> yrs. Just parked as normal, but in a garage not under a tree. All
> original, No restoration has ever been done on it. I'm going to give it
> a good look over today. I'm just not sure what to offer on such a new
> "B" as my two "B's" are kinda old and came my way at very good prices.

Well I can tell you I bought a 1980 MGB Limited back in 1985 for $5,800
with 19K miles on it from the original owner, This was in Mass.  I was the
first one the make an offer for this car and she took it, later she had to
take her phone off the hook because so many people where calling her..

In My local paper there is a 1980 MGB with 18K from the original owner
(I think) they are tring to get $10,000 for it.

Most of the MGB's I've seen in my local paper 1977 - 1980 average about
$3500 to $6000, I don't know what these cars look like or how many miles are
on them but I think anywhere in that range is a good price....

If you think about it these cars are cheap fun

1959 100-6 BN6 under restoration
1980 MGB LE