Re: TD Gear Ratio

To: Bob Dallas <bobd@dynacomm.fse.com>
Subject: Re: TD Gear Ratio
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 10:44:40 +0000
Bob,
The gear you want is from an MGA 4.3-1, not from a B 3.9-1! The B is
way to low. Your TD if it's stock has a 5.125-1 rear. Great
acceleration but hardly something for long highway driving without the
engine screaming away. My TD is set up a little stronger than the TD
MK.II and I believe that extra power gives me a perfect balance with
the 4.3-1 rear. Third gear is wonderful around town. You might go to
the 4.875 or the 4.55-1 as an alternative to the 4.3-1 with the 1250
cc engine for a little better acceleration, but still gives you a
buzzy 60mph.

Dave(just my experience talking here)