RE: tachometer

To: "mgtd51@shell1.shore.net"@shore.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: tachometer
From: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:04:55 -0500 (EST)
> the tach on my 51td has stopped working.  i believe the gearbox is ok and
> that the way the gearbox mates to the generator is broken; i unscrewed
> the fitting and discovered several small chunks of metal.  can anyone
> tell me how the two mate?  is there a key on one of the shafts?  is there
> some sort of bushing that might have broken?
> thanks
> Larry Swift

Larry:
I have available a tach coupling kit.  It includes the short shaft with an
intigral key that fits into the generator shaft.  This shaft fits over the
shaft in the tach gearbox and is fixed with a small screw. The kit also
includes the large mounting knurled nut and clamp that lock the tach gearbox
to the generator. The price of this kit is $17.96, FOB Tallahassee, Florida.
If you need mor information, please contact me.
Press on regardless,
Blair H. Engle#199
The Classic MG Shop
P.O. Box 3065