Re: MGB Tires

To: "Sluis, John" <jsluis@iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB Tires
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:50:39 -0700
Sluis, John wrote:

> I asked this same question a while back and received some quality answers
> from the group.  If you want to stay with stock sizes, I find there are 2
> choices.  There is a Michelin 165SR14 available and an Avon 165SR14.

Actually...the stock size (at least on early B's) was 5.60x14....a size not
currently made available in any of the current steel-belted radial offerings.
My B has a Dunlop GoldSeal 5.60x14 in the trunk that I suspect is the original
spare.  SOMEONE (Avon?) might make a repop tire that is the proper size but
most everyone runs 165/14's (aspect ration unknown...65?) on their B's these
days it seems.  While they don't look quite right (to the trained eye you can
tell they're a little too fat) the performance makes up for the slight breach
of originality.

YMMV, IMHO of coures...

Cheers,
teej

--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto               CA      USA
http://www.rahul.net/tjn