Running-on...was Re: MG--Clicking Noise

To: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Subject: Running-on...was Re: MG--Clicking Noise
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:12:32 -0400
Since we're talking about dieseling, running-on, or whatever you want to
call it, maybe some folks out there can tip me off to why my car does it.
It only runs on after it's good and hot, and if I let it idle a bit before
shutting it off, the situation seems to improve.  It's an intermittent
thing...

I know this can be caused by a LOT of things, (mixture too lean, coke in
cylanders, etc.) but I guess what I'm looking for is a difinitive way to
track down the true cuase of the phenomenon, rather than beating my head
against a wall.  If I have learned anything about these cars, this search is
in vain:  Is pure trial and error the only way, or are there any more
symptoms I should look for to try to narrow it down?

Thanks in advance,

[       JASON DUTT       ]
[ simjason@ix.netcom.com ]
  \  1972 MGB Roadster /