ARRGG! Stupid MGB Head

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's),
Subject: ARRGG! Stupid MGB Head
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:46:59 -0400 (EDT)
  Hi everybody,

        I've gotten a little frustrated trying to remove the head from my
MGB engine.  All the manuals told me exactly what the problem was going to
be, the the head will be stuck onto the studs, but none of the manuals offer
any useful way to fix the problem.
        The head is only stuck on one stud, so it's pretty free and I can
rock it back and forth a bit.  But I can't get that stud to free from the
head so I can lift the head off.  I've tried banging on the head, prying on
side of the head, wedging between the head and the block with wood, and
twisting the stud out by locking two nuts together.  None of that seemed to
do anything.

        Anybody have any suggestions?  I was thinking of trying to torch it,
but I'm afraid of damaging the head by doing that.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit