Re: Zenith carb.

To: Keith Fisher <fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: Zenith carb.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:31:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Keith Fisher wrote:

> Hey all!
>  I just bought a 78 MGB and it has a single Zenith carb. I know nothing
> about this carb! I asked around where I work (we have 6 full time
> mechanics)and noone had any idea what I was talking about! Whats the deal
> with these cards? The resevor at the top with oil(?) and a pistion? Any
> explenation of the basic workings would satisfy manys curiosity! thanX
>
> Keith Fisher
> University of Arizona
> fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu

Sorry, can't help you with the carb.
But I expect there are plenty more questions where that one came from. You
should invest in a good shop manual to answer a lot of those questions,
especially before you start working on it! Haynes is cheap, Chiltons is
sh*t, Clymer is out of print, Bentley is great but expensive. Take your
pick.
I think Haynes also makes a manual dedicated only to the ZS carb, but I'm
not sure.

Thanks for the tip about NIP's web page, I didn't know they had one!

Ulix ('94 MS ME from UA - Go Wildcats!)

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy