the eleventh insight

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the eleventh insight
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:19:53 -0400
Fellow fiends:

For the mystics on the list, consider the following:

A summer's dawn (!) wherein the golden rays of the sun sent beams of
yellow-glow through the dissipating morning mists.  I was there!  I was
there!  In the parking lot at work this morning, I collected my thoughts,
trying to restore a modicum of composure to my wind-tousled hair as I shut
the engine off and watched the oil preasure gauge return to its rest.  I
unlatched my seatbelt, stepped out of the car, shut the door, and zipped up
the tonneau.  As I walked away I could smell the car's metal-music perfume
diffuse into the air, a ruddy mix of exhaust and oil and heat.  In the
middle distance I heard the cacophany of three auto alarms (who ever said a
hospital is supposed to be a quiet zone?).

Then it came to me: the eleventh insight...   MGs are cool...  I disolved in
a prismatic beam of light!

God, I love this car.

Will "God, he loves that car" Zehring