Daimler Roadster?

To: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Daimler Roadster?
From: John Bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 96 13:32 PDT
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 10:21:32 PST
>From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
>Subject: Daimler Roadster?

>    Yesterday as I was biking home from work, I took the time to detour to
>    a small import dealer where I had seen a striking red roadster of
>    unfamiliar make.
>    Closer inspection (from the front only, the gate was closed and
>    locked) revealed a hood badge that said "Daimler - England".  The
>    styling seemed like late fifties-early sixties, kind of similar to an
>    MGA but with a wide open mouth down low to the ground.  The front turn
>    signals were perched directly on top of the headlights.  It looked
>    like their were fairly pronounced tail fins in the back.

>    I seek net wisdom to elevate my knowledge of LBC's, I have never seen
>    anything like this.

>    Please send replies to me directly as well as to the list; I'm having
>    a little mailing list trouble right now.

>    Thanks!

Could this be a Daimler DART. I remember something after that style from way
back. In fact I was stopped one day while driving my 65 Midget to work, by a
nice black car of that description, it had a large shiny BELL on the front
that was ringing to get my attention. The gentleman driving and his
passenger were wearing uniforms! Cost me 35 pounds sterling and a visit to
HARROW MAGISTRATES COURT. I later discovered that the car had a V8 motor, no
wonder I could not loose it. My driving license was never the same, it had
two entries made by the court, they said " EXCESS SPEED" and "DRIVING
WITHOUT DUE CARE AND ATTENTION" We live and learn!!
Funny how some things are never forgotten.
E-mail jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com     John Bartholomew Amdahl San Jose CA.
408-746-6361 07:00-16:00 PST.     **  USUAL DISCAILMERS APPLY  **
 1969 MGBGT; 1974 MGB; 1976 MGB-RESTORED; 1979 MGB; 1972 MGB daily driver.