Just bought a '67 MGB for $300

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Just bought a '67 MGB for $300
From: Webb Moncure <wmoncure@fls.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 14:01:19 -0400
To whomever can help,
I just wanted to ask a few questions about my car...

(1) It has a lot of rust; both sides around the rocker panels are almost
completely rusted out. Is there any hope? Also, some reinforcing
structure (I'm obviously new with MG's) around that area is also rusted
out along the bottom. It runs lengthwise, parallel to the panel.. Is
this car in irrepairable condition or not? That's about where all of the
rust is located. Otherwise everything is managable, except for the left
and right pans.

However, there are good points:
(1) The engine (the original) has only 39,404 miles on it. The guy I
 bought it from guaranteed it to run if I got new batteries and spark
 plugs. If it doesn't, he'll give me my $$ back.
(2) The car came with its original wire wheels and 1 wire spare. I also
    have about 5 extra wheels and tires.
(3) No dents!
(4) It came with its original MG driving cap!
(5) All the original parts are there.

If anyone could give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it. I'm
looking for a mentor for restoring this automobile.
                Thanks,
                   Webb Moncure