Carb rebuilds

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb rebuilds
From: Kosten Metreweli/RSG/US <Kosten_Metreweli@rens.com>
Date: 30 Jul 96 11:58:33
Hi all,

I'm now considering rebuilding the carbs of my MGA (stock SUs). The car starts
dropping off the idle when it gets hot (around 180 F). The mixture is very rich
(screws are on the leanest setting), so it's been suggested that new needles
and jets may cure it. . Looking through the Moss catalogue, they have both a
Haynes manual, and a 3 hour video all about rebuilding SUs. Does anyone know if
either of these are any good? I've only rebuilt a very simple single ventura,
fixed jet Weber before, so I'm going need a bit of hand-holding.

Thanks for any help!

Kosten