Re: Suspension, Books, and Misc.

To: Robert Berning <Rhbernin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension, Books, and Misc.
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:22:42 -0400
Robert Berning wrote:

> Suspension
> I want to fix/upgrade my suspension, there is no real problem other then
> age, 72 B.  I know I want to get new springs, bushings, bump stops, and
> shocks.  Is there any thing else I realy need if I were to go original,
> do I need all the stuff in Moss's major suspension kit.

"Everything Else" is not much really.  Seals, thrust washers, and the
like.  Some kits include king-pin bushings (which are metal, and must be
pressed in place, and then reamed using a special tool).  Are your
king-pins worn?  Depending on mileage, and the lubrication they have
recieved, they may be shot.  Replacing the shock means new shock arm
bushes, included with kit.

At minimum, you could get away with the shock bushings, a-arm bushings
and the springs, but this IS NOT a job you want to do twice.  BTW, make
sure you get the heavy duty V-8 type a-arm bushes - the stock rubber
bushes are crap.

Best Regards,

Chris Delling