MGB Window Cranks

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Window Cranks
From: "Jamie Morton" <mortons@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 10:37:41 -0400
I've had it with the window cranks on my MGB-GT!

I've bought an unmentionable quantity of replacement handles from
Moss/TRF/V-B etc. in both original black plastic and the supposedly "heavy
duty" chrome handles and they all end up breaking!

The real problem I suppose is that the Brits, bless their hearts, never
imagined a car being subjected to the heat of a summer in Atlanta.  After a
day in the sun, I go to open the window for the ride home from work and the
black plastic knob just comes away in my hand.  Pop! There goes another
one!

The Question: Does anybody know of an original looking replacement with
_metal_ knobs that won't turn to mush in the summer sun?

Jamie Morton
1974.5 MGB-GT
1966 TR4A IRS