smog protest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: smog protest
From: "ppp:pbailey" <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 20:22:40 -0700
I disagree about poo-pooing the so called paranoa.I am old enough to remember
the good old days when you didn't have to jump through hoops just to own a
car.Today we have seat belt laws,impact laws,smog laws
this law and that law.The days when some teenagers can put together a hot rod
for a few bucks are gone and frankly we have lost a lot of our freedom and
heritage.This country grew up with the automobile and it represented the
American freedom as nothing else has Go back in time 30 years (yes when some
of your MGs were new and tell the man on the street what we put up with and I
bet he wouldn't believe you and say"Not in THIS country"And are we actually
better off because of all the laws and regulations?People are worse drivers
than before because they feel safe in their regulated blimpmobiles The smog
doesn't seem much better for all the costs involved So don't tell me not to
be a little concerned about what they may have planned for us I think they
have every intention of doing these things and a lot more.Vice Pres Gore has
written in one of his books that the automobile is the worse thing to happen
to the world>with people like these in power I don't think it is a stretch to
wonder if indeed we could be destined for the scrap heap..Pat