Re: REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH -MGB

To: "DAVID C.HILTON" <71302.2267@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH -MGB
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 1996 13:15:58 -0500
DAVID C.HILTON wrote:

> Looking for tips on how to change the reverse light switch on a 1980 MGB.  I
>am
> assuming that it is located under the center console but I am not sure.  If I
> remove the console will it provide easy access to the switch or is there
>another
> better way to do this.  All comments appreciated.

Can't get to it from under the console.  It screws into the
transmission.  With some care and a lot of manual dexterity, you can get
to it from underneath.  There are two of these on the tranny, one is the
reverse lights and the other is the spark advace only-in-top-gear
switch.  They are interchangeable.  Before you remove the switch, make
sure both leads are hooked up.  Then make sure that power is getting to
the switch via the harness.  Do everything you can to make sure it's not
the switch before you remove it.  It will be a pain to do on your back
under the car.  If you have or plan to have the engine/tranny out, you
can get to it easily.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX