Help - No clutch!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help - No clutch!!
From: bc@rosenet.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 96 20:07:46 GMT
Earlier this week the clutch friction point had changed. I noticed
but tried not to place to much emphasis on it. Today on the way from
lunch, it went completly. Nothing when you depress the lever. No
feeling at all. A kind former MG owner assisted me in moving CUP
to the side of the raod away from the stop sign. I learned from
this gentlemen the car has direct drive. I put it in 1st gear and
started the engine and inched the 3.5 miles or so in 1st gear.
I have no clutch knowledge. Can an suggest an possible easy fixes
or should I pursue a foreign car repair shop immediately?
The car is 1968 MBG, if this is is helpful.  Thanks a lot. I have
owned the car for a year and this is the first problem. I owned
a 1964 years ago and had the situation occur late at night which
added another element to the event. That time I was living in
Austin, TX and knew a good repair shop.

Thanks again -

elaine