Meadowbrook Concours

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Meadowbrook Concours
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 10:52:20 -0400
The Concours at Meadowbrook, MI was excellent.  A wide range of VERY
RARE MGs dating back to 1933 were on display.  Included were vintage
racers, and the car driven by Stirling Moss and Phil Hill to a record
speed of 254 M.P.H. I took a lot of pictures.  Also attended the Vintage
class races at Waterford Hills Raceway.  Some good racing action
featuring T-Types, A's, B's, and Midgets.  There weren't a lot of MG's
on hand for the race, but what was there was great.  Highlight of the
races - a very quick "B", first overall, against a Datsun 240Z, an
E-type, and some other fine cars.  The lowlight had to be the E-type
going into the tire wall head-on.  Crunch!  I hope that I wasn't the
only one to see this!

Regards,

Chris Delling