Re: Lucas Horns (on TD)

To: Danko Roozemond <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Subject: Re: Lucas Horns (on TD)
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Danko Roozemond wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> During the restoration of the TD I encounter all kinds of disturbances from
>the
> PO (not yet DPO as he didn't mess up to much).
> But  As I tested the horns on the TD I found that none of them worked.
>cleaning
> the points and adjusting them didn't work. So the question is:
>
> Is there anybody out there with some sort of description of the electrical
> insides of the horns. I suspect tese due to the fact that the horns are
> electrically not totally the same inside due to soeme work of the PO.

Assuming that a TD has "normal" horns, if you touch the horn with your
hand and "Energize!", do you feel or hear any clicking?  When horns are
not used for a while, the get stuck or rusted on the inside.  I have fixed
many a horn by throwing it on the ground as hard as I could to free it up.
Of course these weren't horns of any historical significance...

Ulix (with the bigger hammer)

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy