RE: MGB Burning Oil??

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Burning Oil??
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 16:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
Check below for answers...

I've got a feeling it might be the valve guides, but is there any
way of telling. Will a compression test help?
* Vacuum test will let you know if the valve guides are worn. A bouncing
needle at idle is a sign of worn valve guides. If your car starts up with a
nice plume of blue smoke that could be a sign too.

When I brake I seem to get a slight klunking noise which seems to come
from around the front wheels/disks. Any ideas!
* check the shock mounting bolts, wheel bearings, square rubber bushings
between the frame and the crossmember where those four big bolts conect the
front end to the car, kingpins for play at the bottom where they connect to
the A-arm.
Good luck,
Chris Reichle