Re: wiper blades

To: "MG Autos" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wiper blades
From: John Knight <taoistjd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 07:24:05 -0700
Ulix wrote:

>Moss etc. sell wiper blades for around $10 each.  So far I always bought
>longer blade inserts at my local parts store ($2) and cut them to size.
>I am wondering now, is there a difference?
>The force that my wiper arms exert on the blades to press them against the
>windshield is VERY low, so I don't get very good results.  If the
>expensive blades were softer than what I am using, they would work much
>better.  Any net wisdom on this?

Save your money.  Sure putting new blades will work a little better.  =
As soon as the sharp edge of the new blade wears out you will be back =
where you started.  The key is having a healthy spring on your wiper =
arm.  Then again you could just use Rain-X =AE

John

"If uniqueness makes us who we are, why be like everyone else?"
'73 MGB (under restoration)