Rags: Legal, Rolling and a few final questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rags: Legal, Rolling and a few final questions
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 02:37:58 -0400
Fellow Fiends:

After fixing the few remaining problems with Rags, she is now inspected for
the first time in 18 months or so and legal in good old VA.  I took her to
work with me yesterday ... I'd forgotten how much fun this car really is!
Hoooo-EEEEE!

Oddly enough, I got pulled over 1500 feet from the inspection station by an
overzealous rookie cop. Took me twenty minutes to explain to him why I had a
4/95 inspection sticker on the car. Irish luck at it's best. He let me off
without a ticket, though, since I convinced him the car had been in the
process of being restored by showing him the suspension work. ::sigh:: I must
not look very believable.

She idles a little low just now; around 650 or so. Needs tuning. I've noticed
that when at low idle, I get a sort of whistling, maybe even a gentle
squealing sound coming from under the bonnet that I haven't diagnosed yet.
Any net wisdom on this? It clears right up after I give it a little gas, and
doesn't come back after the car has warmed up.

Finally, does anyone know the RD# of the last of the official '74 1/2' MGB's?
I'm beginning to wonder if Rags might not be one of these.

Thanks to all who've given me input over the front-end restoration process,
and all in the cheering section.

Corey
75? MGB 'Rags'
...Rolling!