[MG] Re: loosing damper oil: zenith carb

To: peter@evansville.net
Subject: [MG] Re: loosing damper oil: zenith carb
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 09:23:43 -0400
At 05:18 AM 8/9/96 -0700, Peter wrote:
>what tis the cause of losing oil in the damper of a zenith card on a "78
>B.  Rememer seeing something about an "O" ring, but cant seem to locate
>it on any diagram og carb that I have.  Help Please if you can.

        Moss sells replacement o-rings for the Zenith Carb but you can get
them cheaper from Dick Burger at the British Parts Connection.  Email him at
<BRITISHPARTS@delphi.com>.  I just bought a replacement o-ring from him last
month ~$0.58.

        To replace, you have to remove the damper, unscrew the needle, then
using a wooden dowel or other blunt-ended thing, tap out (hammer) the needle
assembly from the damper.  Tap it in the direction that the needle was
pointing.  There is a star washer which retains it in the damper.  DO NOT
LOSE THIS.  Replace the o-ring.  Reverse the process.

        Someone suggested using brake line to tap the assembly back into the
damper.  Be careful not to damage, bend, break the needle.

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !