RE: Distributor Timing Advance springs

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor Timing Advance springs
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:20:00 -0700 (PDT)
It seems unlikely to me that the springs would be the cause of your timing
drift. When was the last time you changed the timing chain and tensioner?
The 79 had a flimsy 1 row timing chain. They stretch relatively fast
compared to the double and the tensioner may be very worn. I had lighter
springs in my 80 distributor for some time to bring the advance in quicker
and I notice no bounce as you describe.

Chris Reichle